At Surrey Place, we have an activities therapy department that plans a wide range of individual and group activities to enhance residents' physical, mental, spiritual and psychosocial well-being.
Individual and group activities are planned by an activities therapist. Throughout the year, Surrey Place provides a variety of different types of activities for our residents. Activities are adapted to the physical and cognitive functioning level of each resident.
Surrey Place specializes in providing activities which support quality of life and promote family and staff involvement.
Planned activities available to residents include:
- Vegetable and flower gardening
- Card games
- Performances by guest musicians & entertainers
- Shopping trips
- Meals at local restaurants
- Resident/staff talent shows
- Dog shows
- Trips to St. Louis landmarks and parks
- Nutrition classes
- Resident Council Meetings
- Golf, horseshoes, washers
- Spiritual Conversations